Monday, November 9, 2009

Stone of the Week




So far, so good. I am keeping up my end of the bargain here, a weekly entry about a stone listed in my Etsy shop. Today I am picking my Sasquatch Beach Stone. Two summers ago I started traveling down to Rockport, MA with a good friend who introduced me to the coolest beach. It is completely covered in stones! The stones I find here have the most amazing colors and are incredibly smooth. This particular stone has a lovely milk-like translucency with a hint of yellow veins. The symbol is a right footprint. The footprint has many meanings from the celebration of a birth, inspiration or hope, or a super-natural creature. My little joke is that my brother had a very particular nick-name for me as a child and as a teenager, I used a footprint as my "symbol." The unique thing about my "symbol" footprint is that mine only had 4 toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment